Withings' Blood Pressure Monitor is a BP cuff that connects directly to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, to measure and track blood pressure stats via a free app.
While the extra hardware will run you a somewhat steep $129.99, needless to say, there's a free app in the mix that shows BP measurements and keeps track of user stats.
Withings is calling the Blood Pressure Monitor truly plug-and-play. Wrap the cuff around your arm, then plug the cable into your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, and the Withings app automatically launches.
You can access your stats from your iOS device or your personal Withings Web page. The company says results are saved denoting dates and time of day for each reading, to help when comparing morning, afternoon and evening readings. You can share results with your doctor via an integrated email link or sync with personal health record sites like Google Health and Microsoft HealthVault that your doctor can access.
If you happen to have a Withings Body Scale, your weight and blood pressure are tracked on the same graph of the application. No word yet on whether you'll be able to tweet your daily blood pressure as you can tweet your weight with the body scale app, but we certainly hope it's an option.
Here are the tech specs for the Withings Blood Pressure Monitor:
- Measurement: Oscillometric method
- Measurement range: 0 to 285mmHg
- Pulse: from 40 to 180 beats per minute
- Cuff fits arm circumferences from 9 to 17 inches
- Pump: automatic inflation with air pump, controlled pressure release
- FDA: device has received FDA clearance
- Works in direct conjunction with an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (sorry, no Android yet)
- Price: $129.99